The pilot and one engineer were performing a ferry flight from Ujung Tanjung to Tangar with intermediate stop in Jambi, Pangkal Pinang and Ketapang. One minute after take off from runway 17 at Ketapang-Rahadi Oesman Airport, aircraft hit the roof of the local hospital and crashed in a parking lot. Both occupants were killed.
The investigation concluded that the aircraft engine was not in power during impact with the hospital roof. There was a corroded fuel pump, that indicated of contaminated fuel.
• The aircraft was airworthy prior departure.
• The pilot was fit for flight.
• The booster pump was found of an evident of surface corrosion on the spring, plate and van pump indicated that contaminated fuel.
• Referred to the Fletcher Flight Manual and Pilot Operating Handbook chapter 3.10. Fuel System Failure, the booster pump must have been operated prior to flight.
• The propeller blades were on fine pitch and no sign of rotating impact. The engine was not in powered when hit the ground.
• No evidence damage related to the engine prior to the occurrence.